May 5, 2014 to May 23, 2014
The first RMP basic film producing workshop is addressed to beginners with little working experience in the audiovisual field, who want to start a career in film and audiovisual production.
Within three weeks the students get basic knowledge of film production, skills and tasks of a producer, line producer and production manager. Through lectures the students will study the 4 phases of film production and implement their knowledge in class exercises.
- 1. Script Development explains the development of a script throughout synopsis and treatment. It explains the principles of an editorial report and shows the possibilities of financing.
- 2. Project Development/Packing explains the marketing planning and packaging. Students will learn how to schedule, budget and finance a film, to recruit a crew and to prepare a shooting.
- 3. Shooting and Postproduction gives an overview on the processes and in-depth view by examples and screenings of films with the topic film production and montage.
- 4. Marketing and Distribution explains the mechanism of markets and distribution channels and how to compete
- 1. Script Development: the students learn to write a film synopsis and develop a financing strategy
- 2. Project Development: implementing their knowledge from the lectures, the student will develop a marketing plan, packaging, schedule and budget for their chosen project and prepare the shooting
- 3. Shooting and editing of a short-documentary
- 4. Presentation and evaluation: The students present their projects and deliver work samples for the different phases, which will be evaluated by the lecturers